JOB TITLE: Character TD
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Studio Manager
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is focused on creating AAA games for console and PC. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Our studio is located on four different places: Novato, California; Brighton, England; Prague and Brno in Czech Republic.
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of a Technical Artist that specializes in character development, rigging and facial animation.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Develop tools, processes, and assets for real-time characters
- Collaborate closely with character artists, technical artists, and animators
- Help streamline existing pipelines.
- Develop new pipelines for character production process
- Character rigging experience in Maya in film, broadcast or game environments.
- Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
- Knowledge of Maya, preferably 1+ years of production experience.
- Strong understanding of both Figure and Facial Anatomy
**In order to be considered for this role, candidates will need to make a short Python test**
- Python, OpenMaya, QT, Mel programming experience
- Familiar with Perforce
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development
- Ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
Other Recommended Skills:
- Basic knowledge of C# or other higher programming language.
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages: Java Script, VB, …
- Knowledge of facial animation, mopcap, and scanning workflows
- Cloth simulation experience
- Motionbuilder, Faceware, and FaceFX or related software experience.
- 3DS Max and Maxscript experience
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.