JOB TITLE: Build Systems Administrator
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Software Engineer
CONTRACT: Fixed Term
What We Need:
We are seeking the talents of a highly self-motivated Build System Administrator who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment. The successful candidate will manage an in-house build system.
This position offers a unique opportunity to cooperate with programmers and creators to support their efforts to achieve a super-realistic gaming experience at the very edge of the possibilities of our target platforms (PC, Xbox Series X and PS5).
What You Will Do:
- Maintain existing & author new configurations (build processes, CI, delivery)
- Help users understand and leverage system features
- Design and implement new system features
- Participate in the design of systems to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies
- Identify and resolve day-to-day issues in existing system
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development
- Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution
- Communicative knowledge of English
- Thoroughness, initiative approach
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Analytic and creative thinking
- Ability to accept responsibility for organizing own tasks and priorities
- Ability to recognize technical risks and missing parts of a technical design
- Ability to work well even under pressure of tight deadlines
- Interest in further self-education and development of own abilities
- Interest in computer games and their development
Nice To Have:
- Familiarity with Perforce, bug-tracking software, JIRA, MSBuild
- Experience with C#/.NET and familiarity with OO design principles
- Familiarity with client/server concepts
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.