Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need:
2K is looking for an experienced Game Security Engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of our Anti-Cheat, Anti-Tamper and Anti-Toxicity efforts to join our globally growing security team.
You will help improving the security of games throughout the development and life cycle and implement new security measures. The ideal candidate brings a strong knowledge and background of existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions and is aware of new security threats and propose appropriate solutions when identified.
Equally important to the technical skills is the collaboration with game teams and other tech teams to transfer security knowledge.
What You Will Do:
- Play games and test cheats on PC, mobile and console
- Participate on development of low level systems
- Participate on development of tools scraping big data for cheater behavior
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project
- Generate system documentation and test cases
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 3+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience working on core systems
- Expertise in C++, Unity, Python
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Ability to quickly and effectively understand and work with other programmer’s code
- Good communication skills in English
Nice To Have:
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Experience developing for game consoles and mobile
- Interest in number crunching and automation
- Experience with cheat tools and trainers
- Expertise with Compilers and Decompiling
- Expertise in ASM
- Expertise in reverse engineering