JOB TITLE: Character Artist
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Character Artist
What We Need:
We are looking for a hardworking Character Artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation, and a mature skill set. They define, develop and maintain high-end-run game characters. The Character Artist works closely with the Lead Artist, Lead Animator and Art Director, and also alongside animators and cutscene editors to build the greatest impression in the final game.
What You Will Do:
- Build the best possible high-poly and low-poly 3D character models from concept art and reference materials.
- You will build character textures, clothing, hair, and styling all based on likeness.
- Adapt to the concept and style of the project.
- Collaborate with excellent Animation colleagues and with cutscene editors.
- Keep the finished models working.
- Self-education in terms of graphics and keeping track of the latest trends in the given field.
Who We Believe Will Be A Good Fit:
- Well-done portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Experience in the game industry.
- Proven knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max or Blender), ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop.
- Phenomenal knowledge of human anatomy, facial expressions, ability to capture personality.
- Excellent knowledge of sculpting, drawing or painting in the classic technique.
- Advanced written and spoken English.
- Secondary school or university degree at Graphic Arts or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of computer games.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with and Substance Designer.
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tools (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …).
- Interest in developing video games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and a mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. The Czech Republic´s second-largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, send us your CV in English, a short letter of motivation in English with an explanation of why you're attracted to this particular job, and a link to your online portfolio/website with your current work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.