JOB TITLE: Audio Software Engineer
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Audio Engineer
What We Need:
We are looking for an Audio Software Engineer to develop, write, implement, and debug code for new and upgraded software products.
What You Will Do:
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and engineers to design, prototype, implement and maintain audio systems.
- Work with the audio lead engineer to solve issues, find users’ needs and design new features.
- Provide the audio lead engineer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks and implementation concerns.
- Generate and update system documentation and test cases for assigned systems.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- A special interest in interactive audio.
- Eager to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Some experience with audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD…)
- Strong C++ programming language skills with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
- Recent bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.