JOB TITLE: Lead Environment Artist
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Art Director
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Lead Environment Artist to help lead a team of artists, creating 3D environments that are both visually stunning and have great gameplay opportunities. The ideal candidate should be able to create a fulfilling 3D space, working closely with Design to ensure both game metrics and architecture mesh together. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent on an exciting new AAA IP.
What You Will Do:
- Work with Art Director and other Leads to ensure artistic unity across the game
- Collaborate with Design and Narrative leads to create stunning and believable environments
- Design and work out the details of modular systems of architecture for levels
- Provide objective feedback, and establish development schedules.
- Managed the day-to-day activities of the Art Environment Team
- Mentor and help with career development to assigned team members
- Create and manage asset lists in collaboration with internal partner teams
- Review assets from external vendors
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 5 or more years of experience in internal game development with an emphasis on environmental art or level architecture
- Experience with AAA open world titles preferred
- Prior experience leading other artists and managing their goal-setting and performance
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max, ZBrush and Photoshop
- Recent use of industry standard game editors
- Experience with industry-standard asset management tools
- Ability to inspire and bring out talent in others
- Attention to detail
- Classic drawing or painting techniques with the ability to sketch out ideas on paper
- Good sense of spatial composition and proportions
- Understanding of basic architecture
- Perfect written and spoken English
Nice To Have:
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …)
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.