Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld
gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading
publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and is most well-known for critically acclaimed
game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM, and the
beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
2K Security is looking for a Security Operations Analyst who can contribute to the operation of a
geographically distributed and diverse global Security Operations program. You will need
expertise with enterprise security tools like SIEM, next-gen firewalls, vulnerability scanning
solutions and security automation/orchestration.
What You Will Do:
● Monitor, track, and analyze networks/systems for potential security violations and
respond to all such incidents.
● Develop correlation rules, tuning policies, automation and application logic for Security
● Act as subject matter expert for information security events and/or incidents.
● Ensure security event SLA’s are met.
● Report security trends and/or problems to management.
● Participate in on-call rotation for security incidents.
● Research emerging threats that apply to 2K and the gaming industry in general.
● Participate in security root cause analysis and follow-up.
● Identify and suggest process improvements for Security Operations.
● Understand and apply existing playbooks.
● Modify & maintain playbooks under the direction of Security Operations leadership
● Engage in threat hunting exercises under the direction of Security Operations leadership
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
The ideal candidate will have recent experience within a SOC or Security Operations team.
They will have a passion for security and an innate sense of curiosity driving them to not just
respond to alerts or security events but to seek to fully understand them. They will have good
written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate with people in offices
around the globe.
● 3+ years of Information Security experience in a hands-on Analyst/Engineer role.
● Previous experience with creating, tuning and monitoring SIEM systems.
● Experience with next generation firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion detection systems,
vulnerability scanning solutions and other security tools found in large enterprise network
● Practical knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
● Working understanding of network technologies (TCP/IP, PCAP’s, etc).
● Knowledge of standard frameworks for incident handling e.g. NIST 800-61.
● Ability to participate in on-call rotations and work off hours as needed.
● Displays a passion for developing themselves and fellow team members.
● Experience with SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response) platforms.
● Previous experience with using Splunk, or the ELK Stack.
● Willing to travel occasionally