JOB TITLE: Animation Director
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
FUNCTION: Animation - Gameplay
REPORTS TO: Game Director
What We Need:
As the Animation Director for an incredibly exciting new game from Hangar 13, you'll set the bar for animations across the entirety of the project and drive toward the highest quality at every phase. From keyframe animation on amazing new enemies to directing mocap shoots with stunt actors, you’ll partner with the Game Director to define and deliver a unique vision and style. You'll build and grow a team of highly skilled and incredibly creative animators and ensure they are given the proper guidance and feedback to meet the quality bar you've set.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with the Game Director to define and hold the vision for animation style
- Collaborate with the Design, Art and Technical Directors to set the standard and drive the visual quality across all animation content in the game
- Drive and empower designers and artists to understand your vision for character and enemy animations, bringing those elements to life
- Define the standard for animations at every stage, from concept to ship
- Build out, manage and mentor the studio's animation teams
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- At least 10 years' experience working in the game industry with at least 2 shipped titles in a management role.
- Experience in AAA game development
- Experience directing mocap shoots and managing data
- Expert knowledge of Maya or Motion Builder
- Superior knowledge of current games and trends and strong opinions about animation techniques and quality
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Comfortable working within proprietary engines and tools
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (US - California), and Brighton (UK).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.