JOB TITLE: Cinematic Editor
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Cinematic Editor
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented and reliable colleague for the position of a Cinematic Editor who will contribute with his/her technical knowledge, motivation, and skills to create our games.
The Cinematic Editor is responsible for processing film sequences based on the screenplay (arranging characters, camera, general composition, lighting, and editing). In cooperation with the animators, vfx artists, sound and lighting engineers, s/he provides the project with the final, breath-taking mood and look in the quality close to the biggest blockbusters.
What You Will Do:
- Create cinematics based on screenplay in the 3D game engine from initial prototyping to final polished cinematics
- Set up cameras and actor staging within the scene
- Create atmosphere using lighting and visual effects
- Collaborate with 3D animators, 3D artists and other editors according to the Art Director’s supervision
- Actively keeping up with current cinematography and videogame industry trends and pipelines
- Proactively solve problems
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating strong audiovisual narrative abilities
- Excellent understanding of film language, cinematography techniques and terminology
- Sense of timing and pacing
- Strong sense of composition, light and color theory
- Experience in directing/editing/camera (film, games, VFX, etc.)
- Experience with 3D graphics program or game engine (Maya/3ds Max, Blender, Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Constructive (self)critical perspective
- Communicative knowledge of English
- Passion for videogames and storytelling
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience in the game industry
- Knowledge of postproduction tools (Adobe After Effect, Nuke, DaVinci Resolve, etc.)
- Experience with modelling, animating, visual effects and/or rendering in a 3D program
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.