JOB TITLE: Development Assistant
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: QA Lead
What We Need:
Are you passionate about development games? We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our AAA international studio as a Development Assistant. Successful candidates will be PC literate and have excellent communication skills in English.
Main duties will include testing of in-house tools, creating and updating test plans and providing accurate reports to teams across multiple sites. Ideal candidates will be logical and methodical with the ability to work under pressure to strict guidelines. So if you have a keen eye for detail and want to be involved in the final quality check, then this is the role for you.
What You Will Do:
- Test software from the test plan provided in the required timescale
- Accurately report defects found by entering them into the database in accordance with company guidelines
- Regress all open and claimed fixed issues in later builds and check the corresponding database entries
- Provide feedback in key areas to the developers to ensure the best possible quality is maintained
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Very good command of English (verbal and written)
- Hardworking, initiative, reliable, punctual team player
- Ability to quickly learn and to use specific in-house tools
- Good organizational skills
- MS Office Suite knowledge
- Passion for videogames
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of bug databases and/or database entry (Jira, TestTrack Pro, …)
- Basic knowledge of some file management system / version control system (Perforce, SVN, GIT, …)
- Creating and maintenance of test documents and processes in content collaboration software (Confluence, Slack, …)
- Willingness to adopt a broad overview of department and company
- Knowledge of game development tools and 3d modelling software
- Precise, eye for quality
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.