JOB TITLE: Senior Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic, or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Engineer
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Systems Engineer to help with developing competitive in-house game engine.
What You Will Do:
- Participate on development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialisation, entity system, navigation, physics integration and more
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfil the project’s technical requirements
- Write code that fulfils the functional and technical requirements of the project
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Mentor less experienced engineers and help them improve their programming skills
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience developing for games; preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience developing for game consoles
- Experience working on core systems
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expertise in C / C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Open world games experience
- Experience with Xbox One and PS4
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.