JOB TITLE: Senior Animator
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Animator
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented and reliable colleague for production of animations. Animator is responsible for creation of computer animations of characters and objects based on the screenplay of the game and for their resulting quality and functionality in the game. Based on his/her skills and focus, s/he specializes in game animations of characters and objects and in visual effects, and facial animations.
What You Will Do:
- Precise processing of animations in the quality required by the given project
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project
- Search for new solutions and improvements in the process of animation
- Self-education related to animations and keeping track of new trends in the industry
- Working closely with the animation team, the lead animator, cinematic editors, and producer
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Impressive animation reel demonstrating strong animation ability
- Knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques
- Knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder
- Communicative knowledge of English
- Knowledge of computer games
Nice to Have:
- Experience with motion capture
- Experience in the game industry
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …)
- Interest in developing video games
- Personal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Proactive approach
- Willingness to continuously develop his/her skills
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.