JOB TITLE: Junior Tools Engineer
LOCATION: Prague or Brno, Czech Republic, or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Tools Engineer
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a highly self-motivated Junior Tools programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment. Junior Tools programmers work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences and to support our culture of iterative design to make AAA games. Create and maintain tools for an unannounced multi-platform game currently in pre-production using proprietary software and technology.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project
- Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage
- Participate in the design of the game features to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies
- Improve existing pipelines and tools to decrease iteration times for content creators
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Familiarity with the C#/.NET/WPF programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles and design patterns
- Multithreading knowledge is advantage
- MVVM knowledge is advantage
- DevExpress knowledge is advantage
- Self-motivated and able to drive ideas to completion
- Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in working with other game developers in a cooperative team environment.
- Communicative knowledge of English
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.