JOB TITLE: Build/Services Automation Engineer
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic, or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Engineer
What We Need:
In game-development companies, there is this precious person who enables all the other developers in both technical and artistic professions to work without interruptions, to launch builds preset on servers as well as with their own settings, builds with content access virtualization or local builds. Thanks to this highly-respected person, the others may use automated servers, such as a client for easy launch which launches all the services necessary to build the game in just three clicks (which used to take hours of studying the documentation and configuring). This person is a Dungeon Emperor among coders! Careful, though: if others cannot work for a single minute, it’s your head on the block . If the Dungeon of services works the way it’s supposed to, everybody respectfully greets their Emperor, because it’s you who controls the systems hundreds of developers depend on. Your reputation grows with your skills of programming of automates. You are a backbone supporting four locations in the fight against the heroes of chaos.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in the design of systems to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies for the wildest ever studio in four locations
- Design and implement new system features
- Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new data pipeline tools based on the changing needs of our projects, transforming proposals by teams into working solutions
- Identify and resolve day-to-day issues in existing system
- Maintain existing system configuration and support configuration requests
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Experience with C#/.NET and C++ programming languages along with strong familiarity with OO design principles
- Knowledge of concurrent processing (multithreading), client/server concepts
- Self-motivation and ability to drive ideas to completion
- Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution
- Initiative approach, team player, good communication skills in English
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of MSBuild
- Familiarity with automation of processes and services
- In-depth knowledge of content pipelines at previous projects
- Familiarity with Perforce, bug-tracking software, WCF, SQL
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.