JOB TITLE: Senior 3D Environment Artist
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Environment Artist
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented Senior 3D Environment Artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation and mature skill set. He/she defines, develops and maintains high-end-run game environments. The Senior 3D Environment Artist works closely with the Art Director, contributes to creation of texturing, modeling, lighting, destructions and mainly is responsible for perfect quality of visually compelling environments and elements. He/she must understand game mechanics and propose interesting and gameplay suitable environment which looks believable.
What You Will Do:
- Precise creation of the best possible models
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project
- Keeping the finished models working
- Self-education in terms of graphics and keeping track of the trends in the given discipline
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- High school or university degree at Graphic Arts
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max and Photoshop
- Knowledge of drawing or painting in a classic technique
- Ability to work with space, dimensions and composition
- Ability to set up atmosphere in scenes (environmental effects, lighting)
- Minimum three years of experience in game industry
- Minimum one released project
- Advanced level of English
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …)
- Interest in developing video games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.