Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What We Need
2K is seeking an Analytics Engineer to join the Player Sciences and Strategy team optimising marketing and player data flows. You will play a critical role in supporting cross functional teams by collating and processing player, game, and marketing data, developing standard metrics, and visualisations. Ideally, you will have data engineering and analytics experience supporting partner teams to drive data-based decisions in marketing, product management and channel management. This is an exciting opportunity for an emerging data leader to support and contribute to the direction of the nascent data sciences team within the marketing function.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, and Marketing technology teams to understand the data they are providing, and detail the data sets, lineage, and flows.
- Design and build data models to support our centralized customer data platform.
- Be the key point of contact for the Player Sciences & Strategy team during the full software development lifecycle, involving providing requirements and scripts, QA and code reviews.
- Working closely with business partners and data product team to ensure proper requirements are documented and agreed to for our different initiatives.
- Supervise the data pipelines and communicate any issues to leadership and partners.
- Automate the presentation of analysis findings from members of the Player Sciences and Strategy teams via dashboarding and operationalize them into repeatable use.
- Create reports and metrics to socialize marketing behavioral trends.
- Perform ad hoc analyses for marketing analytics, research, and strategy. Including understanding player behaviour and response to a variety of marketing actions.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Sciences (or in another quantitative subject area).
- 1+ years demonstrated ability in building data pipelines, data mining & analytics with very large, sophisticated and multi-dimensional data sets.
- Strong skills in SQL
- Experience with data pipeline tools (Airflow, Databricks)
- Hands on experience with scripting languages and tools, R, or Python
- Strong data-storytelling and insights skills
- Experience with project management and communication tools such as Asana, Confluence, JIRA, and Slack
- Superior collaborator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships both within the team and with cross-functional partners
- Independent thinking that can take the initiative and approaches problem solving with an innovative mindset and focus on scalable solutions
- Comfortable working within the hours of 9:00 to 19:00 enabling greater connection with our US partners and stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thinking through multiple perspectives with the ability to stay grounded in the face of change
- Snowflake or other cloud based Data Warehousing technologies experience.
- Data visualisation experience, Tableau experience
- Video games experience or passion
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.