2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 25+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label. The studio is a fun, dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
What we need:
Cat Daddy Games is seeking a Lead Artist to join our team and work on an exciting new mobile game! As a Lead Artist, you will have a significant role in shaping the visual direction for the project. Applying your strong design and excellent art skills, you will collaborate with development team members to set the look and feel for the game, providing visual solutions that align with the art direction and support gameplay needs. With a passion for excellence, you’ll mentor and support team members, drive the project’s quality standards, and push for creative collaboration across the project.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a team of artists to create engaging, memorable, and high-quality art assets. Providing clear feedback to ensure visual targets are met and visually consistent.
- Prioritize, plan, coordinate, and execute on art team’s output, ensuring adherence to production and workflow pipelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members throughout the production process.
- Conceptualize designs to best represent game design intent that supports the overall art direction.
- Mentor and help fellow artists grow artistically and professionally.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- Proven experience working as a Lead or Senior Artist in the gaming, or similar industry.
- Excellent drawing and illustration skills, with a strong understanding of art fundamentals and visual design.
- Highly proficient with standard 2D and 3D art tool sets such as Photoshop, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Maya, or similar.
- Advanced knowledge in skills such as character design, modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, digital illustration, and graphic design.
- Eager to learn and share new software, tools, and technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Task driven and proactive with a proven ability to work with a high degree of self-direction.
- Experience with Unreal game engine and associated art pipelines a plus
- Experience in mobile game development is a plus!
- A passion for games!
To be considered, applicants must provide an online portfolio showcasing previous work. Applicants without a portfolio, reel or demo work will not be considered.
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on the link below, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $80,000 and $120,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.