Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment. Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA2K, WWE2K, PGA2K, Marvel Midnight Suns, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
We are looking for an innovative and thoughtful Manager of Community Marketing for our just announced LEGO 2K Drive title. You will be responsible for developing and executing the Global Community strategy for this title, working closely with our Social and Creator + Influencer teams to best communicate marketing beats to our community, as well as work to build the community from the ground up. You will be tasked to identify appropriate family-friendly community platforms, build outreach strategies and deliver best-in-class, innovative ways for 2K to authentically connect with our player community and title audience.
We’re looking for a passionate community builder who loves unearthing the truths of our fans and what makes them tick, and ultimately, what drives them to engage daily. 2K takes a data driven approach to establishing relationships with active communities and seeks to build new relationships through creative resourcefulness and dialogue. Sitting at the convergence of owned social, UGC and creator and influencer relations, community is a pivotal amplification and communication tool for 2K. This role will help to monitor and report feedback from existing community dialogue, build a thoughtful family-friendly community strategy for building our engaged audience and build bridges with brand, developers and studio partners to help build our community from scratch.
You will have discerning taste in content and know what quality content is and looks like. Your expertise identifies what performs within each title community. Expertise in building and expanding communities on Twitch, Discord, Reddit, Steam and YouTube is a must. This is a critical and multifaceted role within the Digital Community Team, requiring high levels of cross-functional collaboration and constant communication across multiple internal + external partners such as Marketing, Social, PR, Influencer + Creator, Studio, Band Partnerships and Live Services.
What You Will Do:
Build from scratch. You’ll define, strategize and execute a Global Community marketing strategy for LEGO 2K Drive, using a family-friendly approach and lens. This includes analyzing which Community platforms are relevant, looking at opportunities for growth against campaign marketing beats, setting benchmarks + KPI’s, measured methods to attract new fans, and bolstering engagement on our owned channels. You will also look at effective ways to balance global brand objectives with local territory considerations, helping build regionally and Globally relevant ways to approach Community outreach digitally.
- Participate + spearhead title and franchise marketing brainstorms, bringing a strong Community viewpoint to planning.
- Manage and execute day-to-day global Community activities and channel engagement, working with internal cross-functional teams, development teams, and external agencies as needed.
- Partner proactively with the Global Marketing + Digital Community Marketing teams to build out a long-term strategy.
- Work closely with legal to vet potential communications pathways on platforms.
- Coordinate content production and live-streaming promotional opportunities with Social + Creator / Influencer teams.
- Monitor and analyze Community conversations and feedback; develop feedback structure.
- Proactively recommend enhancements to Global strategic plans, advance potential issues, and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Serve as a Community platform expert and advocate for building Discord, Twitch, Steam, Reddit and forum pipelines.
- Establish best practices + benchmarks for progress.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, studios and studio marketing teams to develop concerted Community building strategies for launch + always-on marketing.
- Be the primary Community voice and liaison, flagging any bubbling issues with internal + studio teams.
Who We Believe Will Be A Great Fit
We are looking for a passionate Community builder who is both attuned to what players are saying and seeking new ways to connect more players with our games. You have great taste in creator and social content, understanding what it takes to elicit engagement and strategically build Community trust and value. You are a Community expert, driven to connect marketing dots with cross-functional teams and build deeper player relationships and feedback loop opportunities. You are invested in connecting our fan communities meaningfully with our titles.
You are a passionate gamer who is plugged into culture and knows what social and community platforms impact player sentiment the most. As part of the Global team, you are consistently collaborating with territory leads and exploring regional community opportunities. You are a natural connector and storyteller, looking to creatively drive conversation through communication opportunities.
This role requires cross-functional collaboration and a strong ability to work independently as a self-starter to activate opportunities. You will constantly analyze progress and report on community perspective, as well as ideate and offer ways to improve engagement and retention. You’ll think about the big picture and long-term strategy, while delivering on real-time tweaks and improvements to our ways of working and communicating.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, PR, Communications, or a related field; Or comparable work experience.
- 5+ years of experience building and developing community on social or content platforms for Gaming and/or Kids + Family media, moderation experience a plus.
- Familiarity with and passion for LEGO culture.
- Skilled + communicative community manager with understanding of brand voice and tone + building out scalable infrastructure, especially on Discord.
- Editorial, content creation and/or production experience in streaming, long-form + short-form content.
- Knowledge of family marketing and familiarity with legalities.
- Passion for digital, internet and pop-culture and how it connects with our community.
- Strong project management skills + a high degree of comfort leading multiple projects.
- A first-class communicator and manager - thorough, detailed oriented, organized, efficient, but agile and ready to pivot when needed.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to self-generate decks and presentations.
- Gaming savvy, with a deep familiarity on where Community Marketing is built in the gaming community.
- Experience conducting and reporting on consumer + community surveys.
- Calculated and confident strategist with the ability to sell-in concepts, from upfront planning to execution.
- Demonstrated ability in community building and management for a gaming publisher, developer, entertainment, or similar field.
- Ability to quickly shift focus and prioritize accordingly.
- Analytical chops to report pertinent information and provide insights to our Global and Digital Community Marketing teams.
- Experience leveraging measurement and listening tools such as: Sprinklr, Tubular, StreamHatchet, etc.
- Social media enthusiast with experience building communities on major social media platforms, as well as community + content platforms like Discord, Twitch, Steam and Reddit. (Experience with first-party community hubs is a plus.)
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000-$120,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.