Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What We Need
Do you have a keen eye for detail and Facial animation? Do you have a passion for storytelling and animation? We are looking for a sharp, patient, and detailed technical talent with a passion for facial animation!
You will be primarily responsible for building the future of Facial Animation at 2K. Working with Scan volume, mocap stages, live feed and more. Your knowledge will contribute to improving our tools and pipelines.
You will also work closely with our Postproduction Managers, tech team and other to ensure they have the Facial data needed for delivery to clients. You will also be collaborating with members of other teams here at Mocap such as Stage, Production, Tech, Research team etc. this will provide you a well-rounded view of our pipeline to improve the current process as needed.
What You’ll Do
- Build a Facial Pipeline
- Build a Facial team for post processing and Realtime.
- Work with Dynamixyz
- Work with Dev team to support facial expertise.
- Provide rigging solution per pipeline.
- Help support other animators (training and debugging)
- Learn how the 2K Mocap pipeline works.
- Be able to work with any software package using the most efficient practices.
- Work with the Mocap team to prototype new useful features/tools and processes.
- Ability to create high quality facial animation.
- Working with the postproduction team on other pipeline tasks such as Processing Mocap Data, Solving, QA, Editing Facial Capture Video, Virtual Camera Animation, etc.
- Daily communication with the production manager and production team
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
What Will Make You A Great Fit
You have a deep passion for performance capture, helping others, pushing for new tools and deliver high quality facial?
You are experienced with using Maya, Unreal, Motion Builder and other facial software.
You have a passion for improvement, effectiveness and building amazing tools and pipelines.
You stay focused and efficient while working with different phases of the pipeline, tools and hardware. Your detail-oriented personality, resourcefulness, and positive demeanor easily overcomes any technical challenges.
You can create high quality work that is user friendly, with high quality output. Able to develop pipelines, workflows and tools. Any additional skills, such as facial animation, motion capture system experience, scanning, facial rigging, facial animation, facial integration into game engine and programming, we consider a definite plus.
- 7+ years industry experience
- Experienced with Facial pipelines/rigging.
- Great experience in Solving and Motion Editing for Facial
- Experience with Unreal and Metahuman
- Excellent problem solver/ technical fire fighter
- Highly motivated and proactive
- A positive attitude toward challenges
- Good communicator at the technical level
- Education in the field of 3D Animation, Motion Capture, or Film
- Proficient with Maya and Motion Builder and different facial packages
- Deep knowledge of Mocap tools
- Knowledge of scripting/ code system: Python, Mel, C++, etc.
- Experience developing animation and Mocap tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of solving pipelines
- Hardware experience (mocap, scan, VR, references Cameras, and more)
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.