WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms. Include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, WWE 2K, and XCOM. At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, and ESPP.
As a QA Localization Lead, you will supervise a team of QA Localization Testers and Senior Testers, coordinate test plan execution on pre-release versions of software to detect and record product defects, and maintain fluid communication with a global team. You will report to the QA Localization Manager.
- Supervise projects through the various stages of testing and milestones of their lifecycle to ensure product localization quality as well as adherence to requirements set by platform-holders. Adapt and execute the test plan, create test cases and other testing documentation to ensure thorough testing for all supported languages (other than English). Maintain and monitor databases to ensure that all bugs are written or addressed according to our best practices and are correctly actioned. Effectively check and identify platform-holders’ requirements that would involve localization
- Manage projects’ progress, organizing the workload across your team, establishing, and achieving deadlines. Keep all stakeholders informed, providing frequent reports and documentation to QA Management, Producers and Developers
- Manage vendors so they work in alignment with our internal standards and with our internal teams
- Identify opportunities for improving the QA Localization Department, defining new processes, and refining existing ones
- Oversee the QA Localization testing team, assist in the recruitment and training processes, evaluate staff performance. Mentor and coach team members to help them achieve their goals, providing valuable guidance and constructive feedback
- Support Managers, Producers and/or Developers, gathering requirements, answering queries, and providing all necessary documentation. Identify and inform of potential risks for the project and collaborate on issues discussion and prioritization
- Prepare and present daily reports, weekly status reports, sign-off reports, and post-mortem reports
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication etiquette in English and another language
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and localization processes
- Intermediate MS Office suite, Google suite and Outlook skills
- Familiarity with databases and bug tracking tools (e.g. Helix, Xloc, Jira)
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Ability to act as a positive role model for testers and willingness to maintain a positive culture
- Adaptability, empathy, and creativity solving problems
- Intermediate level using MS Office Suite and G Suite, with ability to process daily data utilizing a database
- Exceptional attention to detail with success at multitasking given multiple priorities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years in software localization testing
- 2+ years in a leadership role with experience in team development
- Excellent communication and writing skills to communicate with many levels of colleagues in the Studio and within 2K
- Reliable with the ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to lift approximately 10-20 lbs. assisted or unassisted
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; bend at waist; and use standard office equipment
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a related field
- Understands a video gaming environment and/or likes video games