Our team is looking for a Senior Technical Animator to work closely with the animation and engineering teams to push the creative vision and technical boundaries. We are seeking an individual with a deep expertise in Unreal's runtime animation systems, coupled with a strong drive to elevate animation workflows through the implementation of scalable solutions. You are that special someone with a keen artistic eye and who loves to work their technical wizardry! You work towards understanding the whys of how something works and being able to clearly communicate the findings to others. You are motivated to learn, seek new wisdom, and take pride in mentoring others.
- Partner with Animation, Engineering, and Design teams to seamlessly achieve the desired animation style and immersive experience within the game.
- Engage with stakeholders to align on objectives and develop scalable solutions that optimize content authoring workflows.
- Proactively create and enhance Animation systems, striking a balance between performance and behavior requirements for the game.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the Animation team, fostering their growth and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with other departments.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in games development, preferably with at least 1 AAA title shipped.
- Thorough knowledge of Animation Graphs, Blend Trees, Sequencer, State Machines implementation and maintenance.
- Understanding and knowledge of procedural runtime animation solutions such as IK, Retargeting, Ragdoll, Cloth Sim, Lipsync.
- Understanding how to reduce workload and improve believability of characters in-game.
- Understanding the importance of documenting workflows and sharing knowledge.
- Knowledge of how important it is to apply animation principles to combine motions seamlessly.
- Nice-to-have: Proficient in scripting to streamline the animation pipeline (Python, MEL or other scripting languages) to aid workflows and repetitive tasks.
- Nice-to-have: Desire to promote and apply cutting-edge animation processes and techniques to keep the studio competitive.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.