- Please submit your CV in English -
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, The Quarry, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, NBA 2K, PGA Tour 2K and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
Global Services, 2K’s worldwide centralized services group, is a diverse group of teams offering varied services from locations all over the world. Our Global Services 2K Valencia studio is seeking a Lead UI Artist with UX experience who is ready for the challenge of leading and growing a team of UI/UX artists in several AAA projects.
This position will require working closely with other UI/UX artists within the 2K Valencia studio, as well as external UI/UX teams and engineers all over the world, to make visually striking assets for several 2K studios. We are looking for someone who is motivated and passionate about making high quality games. In this position, you will be at the forefront of growing a UI and UX team for our Global Services studio in Valencia.
- Leading and building a team of UI/UX artists and designers to create visually striking assets for several 2K studios.
- Work with Art-Directors, Design Directors, and other UI/UX Designers both internally and externally, to develop and support UI and UX design needs in accordance with the project's artistic direction and game design philosophies.
- Prioritize, plan, and organize UI asset creation.
- Working with development partners on how best to deliver and maintain creative vision and ensuring delivery of Triple-A game quality visuals.
- Identify and implement standard processes, and pipelines to improve team effectiveness.
- Manage responsibilities and proactively report blockers or request feedback.
- Creatively and technically maintain the quality standard for the projects and feel confident to develop your own skills and mentor these of the team around you.
- Self-regulate your workload while completing time sensitive requests & resolve any issues that arise.
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- Needs to have excellent management and leadership capabilities.
- Portfolio demonstrating 4+ years of experience in the AAA gaming industry as UI/UX Artist.
- Strong UI abilities that demonstrate a strong grasp and understanding of the needs of UI in an interactive game experience.
- Experience in prototyping software (Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Axure RP, Figma, etc.) is a plus.
- Proficiency in production software such as Photoshop, Illustrator (or equivalent software for asset generation) is required; Motion graphics and animation proficiency is a major plus.
- Experience working in game engines (e.g., UE4, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design toolsets and production pipelines is strongly desired
- Scripting knowledge is a major plus (Blueprints or other).
- Strong technical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and work efficiently within a game pipeline.
- Able to autonomously follow guidelines and complete complex tasks within given timeframe.
- Able to perform task breakdowns and production estimates accurately and efficiently when required.
- Able to comfortably communicate with the team and be able to give feedback.
- Strong work ethic with exceptional communication skills.
- Fluent English both speech and in writing.
- Knowledge in 3D is a plus but not required.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.