Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Leading the industry in mobile data acquisition for the last decade, 2K’s 3D Scanning team (2KGO) specializes in on-location scanning and motion capture for all of 2K’s titles, specifically with high-profile athletes, actors, and musicians. We pride ourselves in this specialization, providing services across the United States, often in multiple locations concurrently. We are looking for an exceptionally skilled and personable technician to join our capture teams both on the road and at our office in San Rafael, CA.
We operate across all states and climate zones in scenarios where we cannot fail, working directly with A-List talent and managing all of the extra sensitivity that comes along with this type of professional environment. Our ideal candidate has rock solid on-set production experience, especially under stressful conditions. Strong technical skills - like proficiency with troubleshooting cameras, audio equipment, and computer hardware/software issues - are essential.
What You’ll Do
- Support data acquisition for performance capture and 3D facial/body scanning shoots
- Collaborate with Lead Technician on all elements of the shoot, including direction and technical troubleshooting
- Calibrate and set up camera rigs and mobile capture systems
- Work with Shoot Producer to ensure on-schedule arrival, set up, shoot, and breakdown
- Coordinate with shoot crew, delegating production tasks as needed
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times as a face of the company
- Report to Supervising Producer for shoot/travel schedule
- Assist Technical Lead with technology/tool development, including data processing pipeline maintenance and new technology research/implementation
What Will Make You A Great Fit
- 3+ years experience working on production sets, preferably in any of the following capacities: Motion Capture/HMC Technician, Camera Operator, Audio Engineer
- Deep understanding of Airtable and other asset tracking systems
- Understanding of photogrammetry and 3D modeling pipelines
- Regular out-of-state travel (typically, 1 week per month)
- Ability to lift heavy equipment (50+ lbs.)
- Strong personal and on-the-spot creative problem-solving skills
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $65,000 and $120,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.