JOB TITLE: Senior UI\UX Designer
What We Need:
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled, hands-on, User Interface Designer to help take our games to the next level. As a Senior User Interface Designer, you will work closely with the Project Art Director, Lead Designer and UI/UX Team Lead to create a visually compelling and user-friendly interface for our games. You will be creating interfaces for some of the most complex strategy games around, so be prepared for opportunities which are both challenging and unique!
This position is for on-site work; a remote option can be considered for those with a proven track record of shipping a title while working remotely.
What You Will Do:
- Create and review wireframes and mockups to prototype and previsualize designs
- Directly iterate in-game on: flex-box based CSS, and high-quality art assets to affect the look and feel of the interface
- Prioritize and incorporate feedback to produce user friendly and visually compelling experiences.
- Provide user interface and user experience expertise to help define our games and develop junior UI/UX designers on the team.
- Stay current on trends and technology in UI/UX and bring that to bear to improve our pipelines and products.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ years game development experience focused on UI/UX.
- 3+ years of recent experience in HTML and CSS
- Experience taking on leadership roles within a team environment
- Expertise in relevant software packages, including vector-based asset creation
- Expertise in designing and demonstrating user flow
- Demonstrate an understanding of readability and iconography, including a strong understanding of effective use of color and composition
- A strong understanding of graphic design principles
- An understanding of the basic principles of animation for motion graphics
- A passion for user interface design, making games, and art.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with UI programming is a plus.
- Experience with various game engines is a plus
- Experience with 3D art assets is a plus.
Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Let gameplay drive decision making
Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
Maintain an environment where people are happy
Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
Put effort where it pays off the most
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can flourish. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.