Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13 and Cat Daddy Games. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2K.com.
Localization project coordinator on multiple mobile games, mainly focused on localizing Asian languages to English and English to Asian languages
What You Will Do:
- Regularly check progresses, schedule, and deliverables from the external vendors
- Manage overall project cost under the approved budget
- Work closely with the mobile team in a daily basis to share progress, provide localization input, and feedback upon request
- Work with internal localization team and LQA to secure the localization quality in each language
- Manage bug report and make sure all issues are solved in-time
- Assist Localization Manager’s job in various ways
Skills and Experience:
- Fluent in English/Japanese to communicate with locals, both verbally and written
- Experience in Localization project management from Asian languages to English and European languages, ideally on mobile games or games that runs long term operations.
- Experience in vendor management
- Basic knowledge of the industry standard localization management tools
- Able to manage AAA title(or equivalent in size) on their own
- Take leadership in communicating with vendor and loc assistant
- Play an active role in problem solving
- Actively shares the knowledge to the other team members
- Have full understanding of the workflow of game localization
- Able to communicate well with other departments in furtherance of a shared goal
- Familiar with mobile games in Asia
- Familiar with Microsoft office
Keys to success in this role:
- Being well-organized
- Being able to think and work independently, while also collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders
- Proactive to try new things, or always give suggestions for improvement
- Communication skill to explain your thoughts in the most logical way
- Strong passion for the mobile games
- Cross-department negotiation skill
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.