Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Cat Daddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
Focus on the certification technical testing of First Party platform requirements for various supported video game platforms.
- Reports to a QA Lead and/or QA Manager.
- Learns about First Party requirements and test case documentation as they apply to Certification testing.
- Applies acquired certification knowledge while testing a variety of video game designs.
- Aids in QA testing by writing functional and certification bugs, with mentorship and direction provided by more veteran team members and leaders.
- Reports detailed and accurate bugs in databases to ensure compliance is met prior to submissions.
- Assists with performing regressions in the database, which are reviewed by the database manager (DBM).
- Assists with completing test cases in TestLink to maintain compliance of all First Party standards.
- Learns how the Pending Compliance Review (PCR) process works.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Flexible and able to change tasks quickly.
- Adequate verbal and written communication skills.
- High output yielding efficient and accurate results.
- Familiar with using Microsoft Word, Excel, and bug database software.
- Technically proficient with PCs and gaming consoles.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18 years and above.
- Digital literacy, specifically MS Word, Outlook and Database Software.
- A positive demeanor and willingness to learn, with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Reliable and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts.
- Capable of working any vital overtime, which can occur during the work week, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- Has an accurate and experienced understanding of QA testing experience, with First Party system requirements and troubleshooting a plus.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.