Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Environment Artist to join the team that brought you Marvel’s Midnight Suns. As an Environment Artist, you will be working closely with the Lead Environment Artist and Project Art Director to build high quality assets that match the look and feel of the game world. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of modeling and texturing both organic and hard surfaced assets, as well as an excellent solid understanding of the tools and skills listed below.
- Build high quality textured hard surface and organic 3D art that adhere to the project’s vision while working with a team of environment artists in accomplishing the same.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering and art teams to build beautiful and believable worlds without sacrificing performance, readability and game play.
- Help establish, maintain, and document pipelines for crafting real time 3D assets for gameplay levels and possibly cinematics.
- May collaborate with outsource art vendors on pipeline usage and artistic feedback and standards.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in game development modeling and texturing environments using ZBrush, 3DS Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- A solid understanding of form, color and lighting.
- Excellent organic and hard surfaced modeling skills with an outstanding understanding of form and silhouette.
- Solid texturing and painting skills including an understanding of physically based materials.
- Knowledge of Substance workflow and Unreal 4 are pluses.
- Lighting, level design, or world building experience are pluses.
- Self-motivated, good communicator and a phenomenal team-player.
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written.
- A passion for making games.
- Must have current U.S. work authorization.
- Relocation assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Family friendly work environment
- And more!