Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
The User Research group at 2K employs an array of methodologies to give developers the feedback and tools to make better games. We are a team of passionate, diverse gamers who know, analyze, and play not just our games, but all games (the good and the bad) to identify trends and to go beyond the numbers to provide insight into our research.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to drive the research strategy and facilitation on a variety of game franchises! This involves partnering with studios to learn their needs and applying a wide assortment of research methods including playtesting, usability testing, concept testing, telemetric analysis, surveys and more.
If you love video games, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can make a real difference to the final product, and you have knowledge of the video game industry, then this position might be for you! We want someone who not only has a strong background in User Research but who also thoroughly enjoys the process, the results, and the impact they can have on the games they support.
What You Will Do:
- Deeply collaborate with various developers to help tailor studies to the particular needs of each game team
- Plan and implement research studies at moments of significant impact
- Clearly and concisely deliver findings to all relevant partners, including developers and production
- Collaborate with external vendors to offer additional services
- Develop creative solutions to overcome roadblocks and develop a testing schedule that provides data early enough to make substantial changes
Who We Believe Would Be an Excellent Fit:
- Proven track record in UX research or usability testing
- Deep understanding of qualitative research methods
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including moderation
- Ability to analyze and visualize qualitative and quantitative data and transform it into actionable insights
Preference for Candidates with:
- A BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, Statistics, or another related field
- 4+ years of experience in User Experience Research
- SPSS, Salesforce, and Tableau experience
- Experience in the video games industry, especially AAA console/PC products
- Experience with team development
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.