Who we are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, , Influencer & Social Manager will be responsible for the development, promotion and implementation of Influencer & Social Media plans for multi-format videogame releases in the Rest of Asia market, devising and facilitating relevant content across a network of key Influencers/content creators, as well as delivering content for owned, earned and paid-for Social Media channels.
- Plan, develop and execute the Comms, Influencer & Social strategy for multi-format videogame releases in the Rest of Asia.
- Develop strategies tailored to the Rest of Asia markets, which stay in line with overall business strategies and goals.
- Ensure that Influencer & Social Media timelines, budgets, milestones, and deliverables meet the required product deadlines.
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships with key Influencers/content creators (bloggers, YouTubers, Streamers, etc.). Keep already on-boarded Influencer partners engaged with 2K franchises, involving them in content tailored to their style and channels.
- Discover new up and coming Influencer partners and gaming talent for future partnerships with 2K franchises.
- Plan, develop and execute community events and initiatives. This should include bolted on activity at 2K pre-planned Marketing/PR events, dedicated Influencer/Community events and third-party events/exhibitions where we can gain stage presence
- Devise and create content and communication materials for local Social Media channels. This could include the creation of original content, localisation of Globally created content and the sourcing & repurposing of content from 2K’s relevant communities.
- Analyse and evaluate Social Media and Influencer campaign performance through regular quantitative and qualitative reporting and KPI assessments.
- Forge close relationships with relevant local partners that have meaningful social and/or community scale (e.g, 1st parties etc.) to ensure all 2K franchises and relevant content are leveraged through their owned channels.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with external communications and influencer agencies, promotional agencies, first parties, retail and licensing partners.
- Be a product ambassador: endorse 2K and 2K titles at meetings, briefings, conferences, industry events, interviews, articles and media blasts, maintaining a positive outlook with creators and partners at all times both at formal occasions and informally.
- Work cross-functionally with the Asia Leads and Sales Teams to ensure the social media and influencer plans, marketing/media plans and PR plans are linked effectively, complement each other and deliver a full owned, earned and paid channel mix.
- Perform other duties as required by the Marketing Director such as budget management, ensuring all required approvals are received, attending trade shows, local, national and international travel and completing relevant marketing projects.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in social media, community or influencer management, or a similar role, ideally within the games industry
- A demonstrated track record of developing well-reasoned, strategic plans, and managing them to completion within scope and budget and achieving set goals.
- Excellent understanding of the Social Media and Influencer landscape. including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Discord, YouTube, Twitch, Steam, Reddit, Forums, blogs, etc.
- A good contact book of established and up and coming Rest of Asia Influencer talent – specialist and mainstream – and a solid understanding of the local media and new media landscape.
- Affinity with video games and a good knowledge of the entertainment industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are fundamentally crucial.
- A passion for Social Media, communities and creative flair is a must, as are strong negotiation and influencing skills at all levels.
- A dedication to professionalism including self-presentation, time keeping, strong work ethic and a desire to continually self-improve and be innovative.
- Previous experience of line management responsibility is preferable, or demonstration of required leadership skills such as facilitation, openness, negotiation, fairness, integrity, respect and confidence.
- Experience of management of external agencies and suppliers is beneficial