At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Agoura Hills studio in California is seeking a Senior Build Engineer who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for clean and efficient design. In this role, you will work closely with DevOps to design, develop, and maintain high-quality tools and pipelines to efficiently build code and data across multiple platforms.
What You Will Do:
- Improve the design, stability, and performance of existing tools with manual and automated testing. Profile and optimize to maximize efficiency.
- Improve the tool development process by refactoring existing modules and writing new code with industry best practices.
- Author documentation that helps the development team understand new and existing tool workflow and features, along with best practices.
- Partner with DevOps to maintain and integrate tools and processes into the build pipeline.
- Dive into a large codebase to simplify processes, solve challenges, and identify deficiencies.
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ years of relevant proven industry experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong C++ and C# skills.
- Strong experience with Perforce or other source control systems.
- Solid understanding of multi-threading concepts, and experience writing multithreaded code.
- Familiarity with build pipelines, distributed build systems, and tools such as Jenkins.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently.
- Ability to write clean, well-documented, and efficient code.
- Passion for video games (not just ours!)
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com