Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Product Manager to develop innovative capabilities for our backend-as-a-service platform. You’ll partner closely with business and game teams to identify and deliver product opportunities that accelerate 2K’s growth and delight our players!
What You Will Do
- Own the vision and strategy for a key component of our platform. You will define and evolve the strategy and drive alignment with stakeholders, partners and peers. You will champion the needs of the customer, the product and the team to scale our impact.
- Develop strong, positive partnerships with partners across 2K, including marketing and game production teams. You will inspire trust and confidence in your ability to deliver through clear and proactive communication, customer empathy, and reliable execution.
- Work closely with your peers in engineering and program leadership to plan effectively, validate product and technical assumptions, and iteratively deliver value that moves the needle for 2K and our players. You will contribute to our shared understanding of what good looks like across multiple dimensions of quality. You will advocate among your peers on behalf of the product, the customer, and the player.
- Requirements capture and validation, roadmapping, competitive analysis, customer interviews, KPI development and reporting.
Who We Believe Will Be An Excellent Fit
- 4-5+ years in product management, building and delivering technical software products.
- Sufficiently conversant in technical issues to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences. Understands web APIs, client libraries, SDKs and microservice architectures. Experience with platform products and technologies are a plus.
- Experience presenting to senior management and key stakeholders and winning support for your ideas. You excel at earning trust and are comfortable saying “no”. Superb communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are a must, as is solid attention to detail.
- Experience in fast-paced environments, where you’ve overcome challenges that require versatility, creative problem-solving and effective teaming to resolve.
- Passion for gaming and understanding how online services can drive engagement and monetization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in a related field. MBA preferred.
- Eager to learn and excited to grow as a product and team leader, and equally excited about growing talent in others. Committed to cultivating a fun and fulfilling environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves.
- Experience in the gaming industry with an understanding of game development or publishing cycles.
- Experience partnering with console or mobile platform providers, certification and requirements, XRs, TRCs, etc.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.