Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, PGA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, and WWE 2K.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
As our Quality Assurance and Customer Service teams continue to grow, we are looking for self-motivated, passionate QA Live Leads to supervise and support their team during the pre-launch and post-production stages of development. You will work closely with our QA and CS Leads to identify, report and track defects and feedback from our customers as well as champion the quality of our games and services. The QA Live Lead supervises and assists in the development of QA/CS staff. Reports to a QA Director, Manager, or Senior Lead.
- Supervise a QA/CS team: interview, train, evaluate performance and support development, while encouraging staff to achieve high levels of productivity and service
- Manage project progress: assess employee's skill sets, amount and type of work, and timetables to provide frequent reports and documentation to Management, Producers, and Developers
- Develop test plans, create documentation, capture, and assess results for public and private betas as well as post-launch activities
- Be an escalation point for all customer service issues raised from all support staff
- Handle ticket volume, while ensuring team members provide accurate and respectful follow up to user questions and issues
- Facilitate and drive communication between Customer Service and QA team members on key issues
- Develop deep technical knowledge of the assigned products and services
- Ensure all reported issues are entered and tracked in a database and all incidents are detailed in Zendesk
- Verify fixes on issues reported through the live pipeline
- Create reports and metric documentation, including daily reports, weekly status reports, test plans, incident tracking reports, RTM checklists, and post-mortems
- Support Producers and Developers by participating in and running bug triages (bug reviews) and provide all vital documentation
- Lead discussions on the status of bugs and the game leading up to release, post release, and through the product life cycle
- Collaborate on prioritization of issues to be addressed based on customer reports through tracking and reporting
- Champion a collaborative and harmonious working climate conducive to enhancing employee morale and productivity
Knowledge and skills:
- Technically proficient with PCs, game consoles and mobile devices
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Advanced MS Suite and Outlook skills
- Advanced database skills
- Extensive game knowledge with a desire to learn
- Able to understand and exemplify our core values
- Consistently be a positive role-model to associates, in work performance, demeanor, and attendance
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4+ Years of combined Customer Service, and QA or other proven experience
- Prior supervisory experience managing medium to large teams
- Proven understanding in test cycle processes
- Understanding and ability to implement effective customer service standards
- Reliable and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts
- Capable of working any necessary overtime, which can occur during the workweek, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally, sit for long periods and move between floors
- Passion for games and the gaming industry
- Experience with relevant tools such as Zendesk, Google Analytics, Confluence, Jira, TTP, and all gaming platforms
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.