Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
Do you want to build engagement with our fans around the world, and help feed word of mouth for our games far beyond the universe of our owned channels? Do you drive decisions with data, creative resourcefulness, and a bit of guts and heart? This is our team. If that’s you, then the rest below will apply.
Reporting to the Global Social Media Director of 2K Core Games label and Brand, this role is integral to the global and regional success of key franchises such as Borderlands, Civilization, and Marvel’s Midnight Suns. As a social strategist on the Global Core Social Team, you will serve two primary functions. First, you will be the voice of the European market in our global social strategic planning for all core game franchises and team objectives and key results. Second, you will be responsible for partnering with our regional marketing teams to ensure the regional social plans are fully optimized and have activations that ladder up to the key global campaign beats.
This role also requires you consistently be at the forefront of social trends in Europe in addition to understanding the differences between earned, paid, and partner supported social media strategies.
This is a meaningful role with growth potential, requiring high levels of collaboration and communication between Global and Regional team members across Brand, PR, Influencer, and Community.
What You Will Do
- Represent the European market in the development of global strategic social media campaigns for all core games franchises. Help ensure these plans consistently appeal to a worldwide audience, and can be amplified with paid, earned, or partner activation support in regional markets.
- Partner with European regional marketing teams to help define territory social programs that ladder up to key global campaign activations. Ensure regional social tactics have earned, paid, or partner support, and/or can be lifted into a global execution on our core game social channels.
- Co-Develop the global social channel content calendar and ensure it uses content from regional social, marketing, and influencer programs. Help drive increased impressions for regional content and cultivate growth and engagement from international audiences on our core game channels.
- Collaborate on global and regional social content performance reporting, using data and insights to drive agile decisions and key learning. Proactively improve our strategic plans, raise potential issues, and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of European regional social media trends in our industry, entertainment, consumer products, and sports that can encourage and drive our initiatives.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of social media or community management experience for a gaming publisher, developer, entertainment, or similar brand.
- Experience developing global social strategies in partnership with regional insights in collaboration with international collaborators.
- Familiar with common social publishing and listening tools. Deep understanding of social media key performance indicators across platforms.
- A social media enthusiast with experience building social content and followings on, and practical operational knowledge of, social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube. Understanding of Discord, and Reddit is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ideally in a variety of mediums including long-form and social media. Previous editorial experience a plus.
- Strong project management skills and high degree of comfort running multiple projects.
- An understanding of/love for video games and social media trends is needed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.