JOB TITLE: Character Artist
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Character Artist
We are looking for a talented Character Artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation, and a mature skill set. S/he defines, develops, and maintains high-end-run game characters. The Character Artist works closely with the Lead Artist, Lead Animator, and Art Director, and also with animators and cinematic editors to create the best possible impression in the final game.
What You Will Do:
- Create the best possible highpoly and lowpoly 3D character models from concept art and reference materials, character textures and shaders, clothing, hair, and styling
- Adapt to the concept and style of the project
- Collaborate with animators and cinematic editor
- Keep the finished models working
- Self-education in terms of graphics and keeping track of the latest trends in the given discipline
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Experience in game industry and at least one released project
- Excellent knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max or Blender), ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy, facial expressions, ability to capture personality
- Excellent knowledge of sculpting, drawing or painting in the classic technique
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Secondary school or university degree at Graphic Arts or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of computer games
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Experience with Unreal Engine 5
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …)
- Interest in developing video games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.