We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
As a UX Designer at 31st Union, you will have a significant role in shaping the user experience and support the overall game design on our project. You will collaborate with others from diverse disciplines like design, art, and engineering to help craft a rich and immersive interactive experience, that balances the needs of gameplay design and art direction. We love games that play well and look great; our view is that well designed UI / UX positively contributes to a great overall game experience.
- Develop and support UX design needs in accordance with the project's artistic direction and game design philosophies
- Mock-up UX wireframes, collaborating effectively with game design and art to visually represent game design intentions
- Work with both Game & UX Designers to Concept, iterate, and produce assets throughout all stages of development from pre-viz to implementation of game-ready assets to polish
- Create and maintain a cohesive UX style guide with leads and key stakeholders
- Prioritize, plan, and organize UI asset creation, working with development partners on how best to deliver and execute on the creative vision and ensuring delivery of Triple-A game quality visuals.
- Identify and implement best practices, workflows, and pipelines to improve team effectiveness to continuously look at self and professional development
- Strong UX abilities that demonstrate a strong grasp and understanding of the needs of UX in an interactive game experience
- Well Organized
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience in UE4, design toolsets and production pipelines is strongly desired; Scripting knowledge is a major plus (Blueprints or other)
- Experience in implementation
- Able to work and communicate in English
- Must be EU Citizen
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
31st Union prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination. This means that employment at 31st Union depends on your substantive ability, objective qualifications and work ethic – not on your age, race (including traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), height, weight, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), alienage or citizenship status, transgender, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, AIDS/HIV, denial of family and medical care leave, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy status, childbirth, breastfeeding (or related medical conditions), marital status or registered domestic partner status, political activity or affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, arrest record, or taking or requesting statutorily protected leaves, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.