Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple technologies. Include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
This role is part of the 2K Commercial Operations team that is responsible for its P&L, business strategy, and operations globally. Our Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading all aspects of the operational process for multiple active and planned projects. Guiding cross functional teams to navigate barriers to execution and communicating progress and solutions to leadership teams.
This individual will drive the operational function for high-visibility, complex, and cross-functional projects. Scale business operations related to commercial activities for the game. Will collaborate with a hardworking group of product, marketing, analytics, and operational teams to facilitate execution and communication.
What You Will Do
- Maintain and lead the successful ongoing execution and delivery of large-scale commercial projects involving all areas of the business.
- Develop a standard set of templates and materials for scoping and implementing complex projects.
- Establish clear project plans for each active initiative, identifying key partners, dependencies, success criteria, and communication channels/touchpoints
- Attend partner team meetings, collecting feedback and requests for action to be fed back into Growth team workstreams and prioritization queues
- Effectively and dynamically context switch between the individual task level and high-level project objectives with the goal of maintaining a consistently up-to-date view that can be conveyed outward.
- Proactively identify, track and drive resolution of blocking issues and non-engineering action items
What Will Make You a Great Fit
The right candidate will possess a strong project management background and will have experience leading multiple complex projects at the same time. You are able to thrive and succeed in a collaborative environment with a diverse set of globally distributed partners and not be hindered by ambiguity or challenging priorities.
- Expert-level project management skills with 7+ years of proven experience. Experience in product management, product development, management consulting, corporate strategy, or another related field
- Working understanding of modern video game business and live services mechanics and strategies across AAA genres and franchises in the market today (both premium and free-to-play)
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.