Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all interested applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
This position can be based in Los Angeles or Novato (Bay Area), CA
What We Need:
2K is looking for a Senior Manager to join the Global Marketing team for the popular NBA 2K video games franchise. This role will report to the Director, Global Marketing Strategy, NBA 2K and will be a key team member responsible for growing the NBA 2K business globally and pushing the brand to new heights within the interactive entertainment, sports, and popular culture spheres.
The ideal candidate wears many hats: an insights-driven tactician, a critical thinker, a creative innovator, and a solutions-oriented collaborator. They are flexible in seeing both the world through the lens of the player while balancing the future ambition of and ongoing changes in the business to remain competitive. They thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team and in service of a franchise where business challenges are constant. And they are a dependable self-starter that approaches their work with a sense of pride and a positive, proactive attitude.
What You Will Do:
As a central part of the NBA 2K global marketing effort, the Senior Manager, Global Marketing will be expected to go above and beyond in stewardship of 2K’s flagship business. Amongst other marketing-oriented responsibilities, the candidate’s key duties will be to:
- Play both leading and supporting roles in building global marketing campaigns and project managing large cross functional executions to ensure successful NBA 2K product launches, as defined by the label’s annual objectives
- Drive the development of Consumer Journeys using existing consumer insights, sales data, marketing trends, game telemetry, in collaboration with cross functional teams including but not limited to Insights, Live Services, Media and Planning
- Manage and drive Agency partner to execute integrated creative and content campaigns that champion the objectives of the larger global marketing plan
- Manage end-to-end creative development process with internal Creative Services team for projects such as – but not limited to – key art, packaging, advertising assets, CRM, sales support content, and event activations
- Mobilize and manage internal cross-functional teams/partners to maximize awareness and conversion opportunities across all 2K marketing channels
- Provide project leadership and support to junior team members within the immediate Global Marketing Strategy team
- Lead/preside over weekly meetings, provide regular after-action reports, and periodically build and present plans and other marketing presentations
- Support in management of external relationships – PlayStation, NBA, VIP talent – in building marketing opportunities, executing contractual commitments, and generally elevating the NBA 2K brand through integral partnerships
What Will Make You A Great Fit:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of consumer product marketing, brand marketing, and/or live service marketing experience with a demonstrated track record of planning and executing marketing campaigns and product launches globally
- Marketing insights- and business results-oriented approach to executing projects and the ability to quantify and communicate success and learnings
- High standard for creative strategies, concepts, executions that are on brand, innovative, and relevant for a vast, global audience and its subsegments
- Ability to verbalize clear, concise, and compelling solutions to marketing challenges in various formats of informal and formal correspondence and presentations
- Clear and concise verbal and written communicator who enjoys motivating and driving projects with cross functional teams and can navigate divergent stakeholders
- Proven project management experience of large, complex marketing activations including managing cross-functional teams, internal creative services, and external marketing/production vendors
- Core consumer-level understanding of the NBA 2K franchise and experience; an advantage but not required
- Work experience in video games, sports, or lifestyle brand marketing for a global label/publisher strongly preferred
- Experience managing at least one (1) direct report preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required; MBA a plus.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.