Junior PR, Comms & Events Manager UK/I and Export
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavour to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Reporting into the Senior Manager PR & Communications UK/IE and Export, the Junior PR, Comms & Events Manager UK/I and Export primary role is to execute the strategy for their relevant disciplines, plan and execute campaigns for all 2K label titles in conjunction with 2K’s distributors & agencies across relevant territories.
The role works extremely closely with the Marketing team, Influencer team, Take 2 Sales team and the global product marketing teams.
- Working closely with the 2K Go To Market team and the territory Marketing Managers, you will execute the communication strategy and tactics for 2K’s products via PR & Communications
- Produce per title PR plans aligned with the communication strategy supplied by the global marketing teams, which are right for each territory pitching for local angles in all key markets
- Work with the Senior PR & Comms Manager to ensure the title PR strategy is in line with the communications strategy and overall title marketing plan
- Execute strategies for code distribution, PR angles and all facets of communication, aligning with the internal UK/IE/Export team
- Ensure the wider team, including Take 2 Sales team, are well informed of PR plans
- Ensure all necessary approvals are sought and gained, specifically with regards licensed titles & legal requirements
- Be an ambassador for 2K’s products and the 2K label. Must be capable of presenting games at a high level to retail/trade and media as required.
- Build, maintain and cultivate strong relationships with the dedicated PR agencies and representatives
- Utilise agency relationships to understand PR landscape and opportunities across all markets
- Execute the distribution of all press materials to relevant partners incl. EPK’s, demos, press releases and media packs according to assets supplied by the Go to Market team. Alongside the Senior Manager, create a strategy for distribution in all markets to achieve PR Goals
- Effectively manage relationships with all external media contacts, utilising them to enable delivery of PR strategies and goals
- Manage and execute product specific press trips & in market activations, seeking relevant creative and budget approvals where necessary.
- Where applicable liaise with co-promotional partners and licensors for all products, ensuring the maximum awareness and reach is achieved
- Working with local and international teams (including PD) to help manage the regional events schedule for all relevant titles.
- Ensure an events schedule is maintained and requirements are flagged to PD & Brand teams in good time
- Be aware and highlight any relevant events to the local and global teams for the 2K brand and individual titles
- Facilitate ‘at-event’ support as required for regional consumer and retail events
- Support and facilitate global events held in local markets, liaising with the relevant event partners to deliver and execute the plans.
Reporting, Analysis & KPIs
- Work in collaboration with agencies on all proactive editorial and promotional coverage
- Evaluate and analyse PR campaigns, keeping up with competitor activity and market changes and provide reports to the relevant internal teams.
- Produce regular coverage reports on all 2K titles and distribute internally.
- Work with Senior Manager to execute within agreed and pre-approved budgets, aligning to net revenue forecasts for each Export territory.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- A passionate PR & Communications Executive / Junior Manager with a solid understanding of PR: principles, planning, strategy, tactics
- You understand the commercial value of PR and how it works in synergy with the owned and paid elements of the marketing mix
- Demonstrable knowledge of executing and managing effective PR campaigns
- Extremely well organised with strong administrational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Diplomatic, open, fluent and dynamic communicator, sensitive to cultural differences
- Negotiating and Influencing skills
- Professional and mature attitude and communication at all times