Cloud Chamber is looking for a curious and adventurous audiophile to join our development team as a Senior Sound Designer. You will be responsible for delivering extraordinary sound design and implementation on our current project; BioShock. In the course of your duties you will help refine our audio systems, asset pipeline and tools, and deliver on the Creative Director’s and Audio Director’s vision for an ambitious, narratively-driven project full of character and personality.
- Conceptualize, concept, create, and integrate outstanding interactive and linear sound design in Wwise and UE4.
- Design and script audio control logic.
- Work with the Audio Director & Audio Lead to help define and design the details of the project audio direction.
- Mix and master audio assets and systems.
- Contribute to the overall design and features of audio systems.
- Lead all aspects of field recording sessions.
- Mentor junior audio designers and share knowledge with the rest of the audio team.
- Work closely with other subject areas to improve workflows, optimize asset pipelines, and achieve the vision for the game.
- Take ownership of key elements of audio for the project and oversee the work of other audio team members contributing to those areas.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience in AAA sound design.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong proficiency with Wwise & Unreal.
- Proficiency with audio scripting.
- A deep understanding of theoretical and practical audio engineering principles & techniques at a senior level.
- Experience working in various surround formats.
- Advanced knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools and Reaper, as well as sample editors and plug-ins.
- Experience collaborating with a team of audio designers to deliver high quality in an efficient manner.
- A love for making and playing games.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates these qualities.
Other useful experience:
- Music editing.
- FPS / Action game experience.
- Interactive music implementation.
- Foley editing.
- Field recording.
- In depth understanding of UE4/5 blueprints.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.