Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the globe. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products. Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016. Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space.
We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year. Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
What We Need:
Firaxis Games is searching for an experienced Lead Technical Animator to own the Technical Animation and Rigging Team that created Marvel’s Midnight Suns. As Lead Technical Animator you will work closely with the Art Director, Lead Character Artist, Lead Animator, and the Technical Animation team to ensure that our pipelines, tools, and technical personnel are optimized and being utilized to the fullest possible extent. The ideal candidate is organized and self-motivated. They value teamwork and collaboration and enjoy creating tools that make other people’s jobs more successful. They also have a vision and passion for creating powerful tools that create powerful characters and performances.
What You Will Do:
- Manage and mentor Technical Animators on your project.
- Working with the animation teams to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines and rigs.
- Design and support complex character, facial, weapon, and specialized rigs in Maya.
- Own the skinning process for your project including characters, garments, weapons, vehicles, and props.
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation teams.
- Support and improve the integration of animation assets into your game engines (this may include motion capture, cloth simulations, dynamics, and other animation related fields).
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 8+ years of industry experience as a tech animator/animator.
- At least two shipped titles as Technical Animator.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of Maya.
- Thorough understanding of human anatomy.
- A leadership philosophy that encourages giving ownership, delegating to others, and helping them succeed.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A passion for making games.
- Animation experience a plus.
- Unreal Engine experience a plus.
- Physics Simulation (cloth, hair, etc) experience a plus.
- Must possess current US work authorization
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.