Cinematics VFX Artist
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
If a cinematic scene is a delicious slice of cake, then the VFX are the decorations: cherries, candies, and those little plastic figurines. VFX are what bring the scene to life and make it outstanding and unique. We are looking for a VFX artist who understands the importance of effects and knows how to employ them effectively to add life to a shot. This VFX artist will create real-world effects as well as the fantastical and do all of that with a keen understanding of performance impacts at runtime. Finally, this artist can work in Unreal 4.
What You Will Do
- Create everything from environment VFX to sci-fi VFX
- Prototype and iterate
- Work with Gameplay, Engineering, Design, Narrative to understand visual and gameplay
- Work with the sound team to coordinate realization
- Be able to work with abstract ideas and convert them to VFX
- Use Niagara, Blueprints in Unreal, sequencer and Houdini to support the cinematic VFX needs
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
Our hierarchy is flat, and everyone wears multiple hats. Art experts are what we are and who we need. It’s a new challenge every day and if that sounds like a fun environment, then working on our Art strike team might be just the place for you!
We want someone who loves crafting dazzling effects, is technically savvy, and thrives in an energetic environment. And last but not least, someone who is already comfortable with the toolset in order to hit the ground running.
- Unreal 4 experience (3+ years as a VFX artist is ideal)
- Knowledge of how to use Sequencer to demonstrate the most out of visual effects
- Strong Unreal 4 material editor abilities
- Experienced with Substance Designer/Photoshop, 3DsMax/ Maya or After Effects/Houdini, etc.
- Able to work in both a cinematic and in-game capacity, with an eye on performance
- Proven industry experience in Games or Film in generating visual effects
- Experienced at developing quality effects under runtime constraints
- Able to collaborate and work well with others
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.