Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to grow our team.
The ideal candidate has a background in designing and operating medium to large enterprises as well as a strong affinity for Cloud and Network Security. As a member of the Security Engineering team you will work closely with the Technology and Development departments as well as many of its customers; helping them to get the most out of our environments while being constantly on the look-out for potential improvements to security, reliability, and efficiency across the enterprise.
While technical skills and experience are important, the ability to collaborate with other teams is essential. You will get the opportunity to work with leaders and engineers across the technology teams to understand their needs and work together to find secure solutions to whatever challenges arise.
What You Will Do:
- Design, document, and implement defensive security controls for our Corporate and Production Networks, Amazon AWS, and Google Cloud with a heavy emphasis on Network Security, Network Policy, and Cloud Orchestration.
- You will be the Security Expert for our on-premises networking with a heavy focus on Palo Alto products and technologies.
- Maintain engineering and security documentation; provide training and awareness to employees at all opportunities. Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and function at scale with an eye on Security and Stability.
- Build on your solid foundation in systems security which compliments your networking expertise with an emphasis on Zero Trust Networking (ZTA) and software-defined perimeter (SDP).
Who We Believe Will Be a Great Fit:
- Considerable experience with network architectures and security design. Able to adequately explain complex topics to a technical audience on a wide range of subjects.
- Scripting and automation proficiency (e.g PowerShell, Bash, Docker, Terraform, HashiCorp Stack, Ansible, etc.) and being able to understand and implement Infrastructure as Code concepts.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within an engineering-focused role in a medium to large-scale enterprise.
- Knowledge of modern zero trust architecture patterns and experience with Public Cloud.
- Experience in the technology or gaming industry is desired.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.