Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Sound Designer to help take our games to the next level. As a Senior Sound Designer you will work closely with the Project Audio Director, Art Director, Lead UI Designer, Lead Producer, and Lead Designer to create compelling and original audio experiences for our games. We’re looking for someone who is excited about contributing to our unique and popular franchises and is eager to work with our experienced and award-winning audio team and development teams.
- Mixing, recording, editing, and implementation of in-game sound effects, VO, and possibly music.
- Creation of all forms of Sound Design (environmental/ambience, UI sounds, creatures, VO, animation, cinematic, etc)
- Take ownership of various aspects of the game’s sonic direction and work with other discipline leads to develop and execute upon that direction.
- 5+ years game development experience focused on sound design or equivalent related experience.
- At least one shipped AAA game
- A passion for audio design and making games.
- Extensive knowledge of the current standards of audio design in the game industry.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of Wwise, Unreal 4 is a plus.
- Audio programming experience is a plus, but not required.
- Must have current US Work Authorization.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use Firaxis.com or 2K.com accounts.