Cloud Chamber is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join our global Gameplay team. In this role you will have ownership over a large part of our Player Systems. You will work collaboratively with members of the Design, Animation, Audio, and Art departments to build and iterate on systems such as Weapons, Player Powers, and Core Interaction. During this process you will constantly have the opportunity to elevate, problem solve, and steer these ideas as they develop.
- Work across multiple systems, contributing significantly to their development at many levels from prototyping to polish.
- Collaborate closely with senior staff to plan and dependency check the development roadmap.
- Likely take ownership of a small handful of systems.
- Work closely and constructively with design and art teams to realize creative ambitions.
- Work within Unreal Engine 5 to quickly prototype ideas and to build new features into existing AI and Gameplay systems.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
We think you will be a great fit if you have a passion for collaborating with people in different disciplines to develop interesting gameplay experiences. We hope that you will combine strong math skills with design sensibilities so that you can help deliver high-quality and fun-to-play systems. At Cloud Chamber we strive to delegate creative ownership of tasks and features to small, interdisciplinary pods. We hope to find someone that can collaborate on technical direction and help drive features through prototyping to completion.
- Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with Object-Oriented (OO) design principles.
- 3+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work efficiently under deadlines.
- Must have strong 3D Math skills.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.