JOB TITLE: Lead UX Designer
What We Need:
We need a UX Designer to help us create a player-facing experience that is easy to understand and that feels great to interact with. We are looking for someone with a broad skillset that can both help players navigate through moment-to-moment action and provide them the information and tools to make large, sweeping strategic decisions. Early on, this role will involve implementation as we iterate and prototype with a small team, but it will become more about leadership and collaboration as the project evolves and the team grows.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and own UX Design Standards for the project.
- Work with Game Designers to build an intuitive user experience for players that is aligned with gameplay pillars and goals.
- Includes educating the Design team on how to best leverage UX in all aspects of the game.
- Collaborate with the Art and UI teams to create and refine a compelling user experience that aligns with visual and stylistic goals.
- Convey design ideas to the team through documentation, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Develop and own non-gameplay, online UX, such as Player Accounts and Store
- Design UX systems that work across multiple input devices.
- Mouse + Keyboard, Gamepad, Touchscreen.
- Produce and maintain accessibility standards.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Shipped a game as a Senior UX Designer or other comparable experience.
- Experience prototyping and helping implement UX systems.
- In Engine, Adobe Suite, or other relevant software.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making games.
- Unreal Engine experience, particularly with Blueprint and Widgets.
- Live Service Game experience.
Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of groundbreaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Let gameplay drive decision making
Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
Maintain an environment where people are happy
Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
Put effort where it pays off the most
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can flourish. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use firaxis.com, 2K.com, and hangar13games.com accounts.