Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple technologies, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is growing due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Mass Media is the premier engineering group for 2K Publishing’s Global Services. Since 1995, we’ve developed deep and multifaceted engineering expertise in video games. Whether it's platform optimization, multiplayer/networking, rendering, console certification, tools, and pipelines – we’ve done it all! Because we're part of Global Services Technology, we're at the heart of all our games. We provide the engineering to support the matrix of platforms and storefronts of today, innovative technical solutions to the problems of tomorrow, and connective tissue across 2K's studios! In short, when some of the best studios in the world have needs, we can answer the call.
What We Need
2K's Global Services' Technology group is looking for an individual to help serve as the technical liaison between our First Party partners, including (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, etc.); Engine (Unreal, Unity); Middleware; and 2K's Product Development, Partnerships, and development teams. You will serve as this bridge to proactively support the understanding, clarification, and operationalization of first party, engine, and middleware technical roadmaps.
What You Will Do
- Act as the technical Subject Matter Expert for First Party platforms, understanding all elements of the platform’s features, requirements, and best practices.
- Drive the sharing and exchange of information between technical partners and 2K Studios. Ensure our developers have everything they need to use the latest technology on future platforms.
- Proactively organize and direct meetings with First Party, Engine, and Middleware partners. Capture upcoming technical roadmaps, understand changing platform requirements, and disseminate potential impact across 2K Publishing and Studios.
- Work alongside our 2K Partnerships and Middleware teams to understand, collate and share technical disclosures among the rest of the organization.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Tech leadership to provide written feedback on technical documentation, studio/IP due diligence, and technical feasibility.
- Provide periodic written reports and presentations to Leadership teams regarding First Party roadmap status to ensure senior leaders are informed of overall status and scope as applicable.
- Partner with 2K QA to support the creation of test scenarios/plans and understand the QA/Certification implications of complex technical requirements.
- Evaluate and evangelize new technologies offered by First Parties platform and engine providers.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 6+ years with First Parties partnerships, specializing in solving for complex tech platform challenges and devising solutions.
- +3 years strongly preferred in a technical role. Must have practical knowledge of hardware capabilities, high-level game engine design, runtime performance, and be able to anticipate and assess technical risk and mitigations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Will need to build effective working relationships across multiple studios, teams, levels, and companies - all with differing needs, priorities, and agendas.
- Excellent communication skills. Will be required to ingest highly technical information and translate it to various audiences with differing levels of technical comprehension, both verbally and written.
- Proactive, independent work ethic. Must be able to work proactively and independently to understand needs of teams, deliverables by partners, and requirements of the business.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple priorities and deadlines. Ability to anticipate challenges and communicate these two key stakeholders.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.