Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the globe. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year. Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays
What We Need:
Firaxis Games is searching for an experienced Technical Animator to join one of our AAA development teams. The ideal candidate is organized and self-motivated. They value teamwork and collaboration and enjoy creating tools that make other people’s jobs more successful. You will help develop new tech to raise production quality and increase efficiency as well as providing primary rigging efforts to the project as a whole.
What You Will Do:
- Working with the animation teams to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines and rigs.
- Design and support complex character, facial, weapon, and specialized rigs in Maya.
- Own the skinning process for this project including characters, garments, weapons, vehicles, etc.
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation teams.
- Support and improve the integration of animation assets into our game engines (this may include motion capture, cloth simulation, dynamics, and other animation related fields).
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years of industry experience as a tech animator/animator (we are open to considering a senior technical animator as well).
- At least one shipped game title as a technical animator.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of Maya.
- Strong scripting/coding capability (experience with object oriented programming in Python preferred).
- Thorough understanding of human anatomy.
- A passion for making games.
- Animation experience a plus.
- Unreal Engine experience a plus.
- Physics Simulation (cloth, hair, etc) experience a plus.
- Must possess current US work authorization.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.