Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the globe. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products. Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016. Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space.
We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year. Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays
What We Need:
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Concept Artist to work with one of our upcoming project teams. As a Concept Artist, you will be working closely with the Project Art Director and Lead Concept Artist to establish the visual look and feel of the project. The ideal candidate must have the ability to imagine, visualize, and render both their own ideas and those of their coworkers.
What You Will Do:
- Assist Art Director and team with establishing the visual style for production art
- Work with the Art Director to maintain consistent artistic style.
- Create 2D and 3D concepts and other production designs for assets.
- Actively participate in artistic and technical problem solving.
- Produce a wide range of highly creative environment, character, creature, and hard surface concept art.
- Communicate clearly with designers, artists, and programmers.
- Produce assets on schedule, meeting or exceeding team quality metrics.
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Minimum 2 years of game industry/film experience.
- Advanced knowledge of 3D software as it pertains to the concept process.
- Excellent rendering and design skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt to established styles.
- Understanding of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective, anatomy, draftsmanship, and color theory.
- Digital illustration skills with an advanced understanding of Photoshop using a Cintiq or Wacom tablet.
- Understanding of form, composition, and distribution and purpose of detail.
- Portfolio must demonstrate your versatility
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a great team-player.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- A passion for making games.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.