Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all interested applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take- Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
This position will be based in Los Angeles, CA
What We Need:
2K is looking for a passionate brand leader, strategist and storyteller with demonstrable experience and a successful track record of building global consumer brands, leading teams, products, and live services. The role will represent the emergent voice of the player and drive foundational brand strategy, global execution, and insight work to guide product development, commercial strategy, go to market and ongoing growth initiatives with cross-functional teams.
We thrive in being led by both quantitative and qualitative insights, grounded in data and intel, while appealing with culturally relevant brand campaigns that appeal to our wide breadth of global consumers. The ideal candidate and leader will have a solid base in applying insights, strong instincts in commercial, consumer, and cultural appeal and relevance, and have excessive IQ and EQ to lead teams across the organization to deliver upon the global marketing strategy established by team and leadership.
A big-picture strategist and a forward-thinking tactician; a creative innovator and a critical thinker; a thought-provoking leader and a solutions-oriented collaborator. This role will report to the Senior Director, Global Sports Marketing and will be a crucial part of the ongoing effort to further grow the 2K sports business globally and to push the brand to new heights within the interactive entertainment, sports, and digital content trends spheres.
What You Will Do:
As a central part of the 2K global sports marketing effort, the Senior Manager, Global Sports Marketing will be expected to go above and beyond in stewardship of 2K’s sports business. Amongst other marketing-oriented responsibilities, the candidate’s key duties will be to:
- Play both leading and supporting roles in building global marketing campaigns for successful 2K product launches, as defined by the label’s annual objectives.
- Partner with Go-To Market and Territory teams to outline and achieve commercial success through well-crafted definitions and executions of consumer journeys
- Assume cross-functional leadership role in driving alignment and accountability to results across including creative development, campaign management, analytics/insights, publishing, finance and market planning
- Work with Growth, Analytics, and Performance Marketing teams to distill performance metrics into conversion strategy for distinct audience segments
- Lead and drive Agency partner to implement integrated creative and content campaigns that champion the objectives of the larger global marketing plan
- Provide project leadership for – and in some cases, support to – both Manager and Associate Manager roles within the immediate Brand team for team projects
- Lead/preside over weekly meetings, provide regular after-action reports, and periodically build and present plans and other marketing decks
- Manage external relationships – licensors, industry contacts, agencies, brands, talent, athletes, etc – in building marketing opportunities, carrying out contractual commitments, and generally elevating 2K brands through relevant and integral partnerships
- Mobilize and manage internal cross-functional teams/partners to improve awareness and conversion opportunities across all 2K marketing channels
- Manage end-to-end creative process for both internal/external marketing assets – key art, trailers, social content, etc. – from writing briefs to distributing/deploying assets
- Own Fiscal budget planning and tracking
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 6-8 years’ experience in marketing or brand management
- Work experience in video games, sports, or lifestyle brand marketing for a global label/publisher strongly preferred or above average knowledge of videogame industry
- Experience managing at least one (1) direct report preferred
- Ability to seamlessly integrate into existing marketing team, and build trust and credibility with product development, commercial, and other internal & external partners
- We are a fast-paced, dynamic team – the ability to multitask, change directions, roll with the punches, and do it with a positive attitude is paramount.
- Self-starter, able to take ownership over tasks and carry them out to the end
- Strong competence in understanding both artistic and scientific aspects of marketing and the ability to authoritatively lean into, or balance, either discipline for any challenge
- Advanced understanding of business analytics, marketing performance, and consumer research and well-demonstrated integration of such into past marketing proposals
- High standard for creative strategies, concepts, executions that are innovative, relevant, and purposeful for a globally recognized brand’s vast audience and its subsegments
- Ability to verbalize clear, concise, and compelling solutions to marketing challenges in various formats of informal and formal correspondence and presentations
- Impeccable communication throughout all team dynamics – upstream, downstream, laterally – and a winning disposition in rallying team members towards an objective
- Well-referenced experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams/projects, internal creative services, and external marketing/production vendors
- Ability to prioritize tasks and succeed under pressure of time, of changing and exciting situations, and of high expectations from team leadership
- Core consumer-level understanding of the WWE franchise and experience; preferred but not required
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.