Cloud Chamber is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to help bring our stylized game to life. You will be working in close collaboration with the Technical Artist team, Art Departments Leads and Tools Programmers to help select, prepare, and adapt tools that will be used throughout the graphic aspect of production.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Lead Technical Artist. You are a team player and enjoy digging into the intricacies of game development, listening to how your team functions and figuring out where you fit in that puzzle. We are equally art and tech focused and appreciate someone, like you, who can walk the line between the two; masterfully blurring and bending that line to create amazing things.
- Lead the Technical Art efforts across the game
- Define, architect and build technical art features, solutions and pipelines to achieve the project’s creative goals
- Work with rendering engineers on new features
- Work with the lighting department on best practices, tools, and performance optimization.
- Work with artists on best practices for content authoring, budgets, and associated tools to help manage that.
- Assist the team in learning new technologies and processes
- Support and mentor technical artists in their career progression
- Work with producers to manage schedules and milestone deliverables
Skills, Experience et qualifications:
- 5 years of experience as a senior or lead technical artist
- Experience in team management, a plus
- Experience with Unreal Engine, preferably UE4 / UE5
- Experience with Lighting, Materials and Shaders as applied to Physically Based Rendering
- Expert in creating tools for modeling and art (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Substance Painter, Photoshop, etc.)
- Strong Python scripting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and with providing technical documentation
- Understanding of modern rendering
- techniques and high-level shading languages
- Experience profiling CPU and GPU performance
- Knowledge of Houdini or other similar software
- Experience developing for consoles
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.